Thursday, September 12, 2013

Epiphany!

  Don't you just LOVE it when God smacks you on your head? I received my "God-smack" this morning.  I have been working the night shift and trying to incorporate healthy eating habits. Night shift....healthy eating habits....definitely oximorons!!!  At 3 in the morning, when my body is tired and looking for some caffeine and sugar, I've got to feed it something HEALTHY??? Insanity, I know....right?!
  I've been praying about this off and on all week.  This morning, all I could hear was "plans".  Plans for what I would ask.  The word "plans' came again.  Jeremiah 29:11?  "Plans".  Then finally, I got it.  PLANS!!!   Nothing comes about without proper planning.  From planning your daily events to the construction of a house, everyone has to have a PLAN.
  The same can be said for proper nutrition!  You have to have a plan!  You can't run around willy nilly eating this or that without a well thought out menu.
  When I work at night, if I don't plan ahead and bring something to eat, I am at the mercy of the vending machines.  High sugar and loads of caffeine feeds the ugly beast for a moment...but only for a moment. Through proper planning I can keep my protein high, my carbs low and everything else will fall into place.  Awesome!  Let's DO this!  I'm going to work on this for a few days, hopefully things will get better!  Much Love!  xxooxxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment